Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Best Kiss!!

Okay, I’ve spoken about my first kiss. Now how about my best kiss?
To fully put you in the picture……..I must go back to 1997. My wife had gotten pregnant to another man, and I subsequently moved in with my boss (a lady of course). She then in turn dumped me for a stupid reason, but I shall talk about this particular episode in a later entry. However, it was this chain of events which led me to the sweetest kiss of all.
So here I was finally living by myself for the first time. The only “company” I had was my computer and the internet. I had recently discovered the amazing world of instant messaging – in particular, ICQ. Though I never really chatted to anyone in any major way (at least not that I can remember). One night though, this woman from upstate New York named Breana messaged me and we began chatting.
Looking back now, I find it amazing that I could ever chat to anyone with such vigor. These days it just seems so boring and mundane. Most people are crazies or scammers, or simply just plastic people with nothing better to do. But back then it was quite exciting. To think that you could chat to perhaps 100 people from 100 different countries all in one night, and it cost practically nothing. The world was literally your oyster. I actually thought technology had reached it’s peak. What could be more ground breaking than this? It was kind of thrilling to hear the “Uh Oh” of an arriving ICQ message. It told me that I was apparently not boring enough for my chat partner to go. It told me they wanted to chat with me….and keep chatting. They were really exciting evenings!
So when Breana started chatting, it was just as thrilling. She didn’t chat to me with simple one worded responses. She actually asked questions, listened to what I had to say and conversed as though I was in the room with her. More importantly, she seemed to genuinely care about my recent women problems, and offered insightful support and understanding. She honestly made me feel good. She literally took away my sorrow! It got to the stage where she was the most important part of my day. You couldn’t imagine my thrill every day after I came home from work to see perhaps 5 or 6 messages waiting to be read from her. I even started coming home for lunch to have a quick 45 minute chat with her then go back to work.
Okay, to cut a long story short, I was falling for her. Who could believe? Internet romance? How was this possible? But it was true. There’s so much more to this story, that there really isn’t any time to tell it all here. After all, this is my “kiss” story isn’t it?
So let’s move forward 8 months……..I moved to be with her in New York. There was never a doubt in my mind. I was never worried, scared, nervous or upset about giving up the world I knew to be with this woman. I was just totally happy and relaxed…perhaps even giddy.
We hugged tightly at the airport when we first met. I remember asking her if she felt nervous. She whispered “yes”, but I replied with “Don’t be”. I admit, even though I had no regrets in going there, I felt a little insecure about myself, and whether I was really what she wanted to see in real life. But soon we were heading back to the little town in which she lived (courtesy of her sister and brother-in-law who were driving to and from the airport). The images I remember about that drive were of the massive lightning bolts that splayed across the sky on the way there, and of looking at Breana sitting beside me. For some reason I remember looking at her nose and cheeks and thinking how soft and smooth her skin was. Weird huh?
We stopped to get something to eat along the way, and I’m not really sure how it came about, but we started kissing right then and there beside the car. And no, this wasn’t the kiss I am going to talk about, but it was a great kiss nonetheless! I kind of get the feeling, that this car park kiss was kind of an “ice-breaker” thing. For 8 months we had been romantic over the internet and phone, and perhaps the sexual tensions had been running overly high. So this was like, “let’s just get this awkward opening moment out of the way now, then relax for the rest of the trip”. Maybe it was also a way to confirm that what we were doing was right and justifiable. That after all this time, we should perhaps put ourselves to the test and see if the sparks flew in reality, rather than in our 8 months of fantasy.
Anyway, as I recall, Breana was a great kisser. The reality of it all was that she was a better kisser than anyone I had ever known before. Whew!
We eventually arrived “home”, and though there was still a few more awkward moments of nervousness, we soon settled into a nice little companionship. Unfortunately I am a little fuzzy as to the precise time of when THAT kiss occurred, but I can tell you this much…
All I know was that I was in the kitchen with her. Breana was a short woman, but so adorably cute and gorgeous. I don’t know who initiated what (but I sense that is was probably her), but we kissed each other. You know that saying “I just melted”? Well that is EXACTLY what happened to me. There is no better way to describe it. Even though my head, memory and senses are still reeling from that kiss, I do remember her lips were soft and her arms were around me. My body just went limp. I have no idea how I kept from falling down. All I think I can say is, it was a combination of many things for me. It was her beauty, together with her femininity, coupled with her soft lips, the passion of her intent…and most of all……..the feeling of genuine love I felt for this woman. I guess that feeling of love can only feel that wonderful if I believed that she loved me too. I know for a fact I had never felt it before (or since). I was literally living inside a cliché – I melted, my heart skipped a beat, my head was spinning, time stood still, nothing else mattered, it was magic. I simply was purely in love….and my “inner camera” took an “emotional snapshot” of the moment, that has stayed in the “internal photo album” of my heart and mind. (Wow! How was that for a line?)
If Breana wanted to keep me with her, she succeeded in the ultimate way that time. So there you have it. I wish I could’ve remembered the exact date! I think that every subsequent kiss I’ve had since then (with other women), have never been that exciting. I guess Breana ruined me for anyone else……….but I don’t care, that kiss belongs to me and no one can ever take that away :)

No comments: